Friday, August 19, 2016

Sharing

Marie is getting really good at sharing.

A big thunderstorm rolled through and woke us all up at an ungodly early hour today. As we were settling back in and trying to get back to sleep, Marie put both hands on my left breast, turned it gently in my husband's direction, and said "Here Papa, want some milk?"

About an hour later we had abandoned any idea of trying to get her back to sleep and were just hoping that maybe, if we let her run around the bedroom, we could slip into fitful slumber ourselves.

This hope was dashed when Marie found the portable charger/flashlight that we unwisely chose to keep near the bed.


"Flashlight!" she cried, shining it directly into my husband's eyes.

"Ow," he said. "Hey, go show Mama the flashlight."

"Okay!"

Little feet came pattering around to my side of the bed.

"Mama's turn," Marie said, and handed me the flashlight.

"Thanks, buddy." I turned it off immediately, hoping that if I held onto it for a few minutes she would forget about it.

She watched for a moment, waiting for me to make good use of my turn I guess. After about thirty seconds, during which I did not enjoy the flashlight in a manner conforming to her expectations, she put her hand out.

"You can take a turn, then I get it back," she informed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment